2 Sweet Day Gourmet Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup regular sour cream
Peanut Butter Frosting / Filling
1/2 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Sweet Day Gourmet Vanilla Frosting Mix
1/3 cup cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate (We recommend Callebaut - Finest Belgian Dark Chocolate)
Devil’s Food Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. Prepare Sweet Day Gourmet Devil's Food Cake Mixes as per instructions on the box.
3. Pour into 2- 9” round pans.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
5. Cool in pans for about 15 minutes and then cool completely on racks.
While cake is cooling make the frostinlling and ganache.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
2. Slowly beat in half of Sweet Day Gourmet Vanilla Bean Frosting Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream.
3. Beat in the remaining Sweet Day Gourmet Vanilla Bean Frosting Mix
4. If necessary, add a little more cream or milk until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency.
5. Spread frosting on the cakes once cooled.
6. Stack the cakes.
1. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a large stainless steel bowl.
2. In a large saucepan, heat cream over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until it starts to boil.
3. Immediately remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate.
4. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Cool completely and then pour over the top of the cake until completely covered.