Butterscotch Banana Bread
This is a twist on an old fashion Banana Bread recipe. By using butterscotch pudding in the recipe, it changes the flavor and texture of traditional banana bread. It's moist and very flavorful.
Tip: Make sure your bananas are very ripe for best results.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (half stick), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen Massey vanilla extract
- 6 medium ripe bananas, mashed (2 1/2 cups mashed bananas)
- 1 butterscotch pudding mix -3.4-ounce box
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter for 1 minute on high power. (Allow the butter to cool a bit so you don't scramble the eggs).
- Add eggs, sugars, sour cream and vanilla - whisk to combine.
- Add bananas and stir until combined.
- Add the dry pudding mix, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt - gently fold in with spatula.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 20 minutes before turning out on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.