What's So Special About Strawberries?
A Few Facts
Strawberries are magnificent – jam packed with sweet flavor. They are beautiful and versatile; great for baking with or eaten fresh. Who doesn't love a succulent strawberry pie, or romantic chocolate covered strawberries? A refreshing flavor heading into spring; delicious strawberry shortcake or even our cupcakes with strawberry frosting! A wonderful flavor pairing with vanilla.
Some interesting facts about strawberries
- Strawberries are the only fruit with the seeds on the outside, and they have an average of 200 seeds
- They are the first fruit to ripen each spring
- Experts say that strawberries aren't actually berries in the botanical sense they are known as accessory fruits
- They are perennial plants – they grow back year after year
- There are only 4 calories in an average strawberry
- Excellent source of fiber and vitamin C
- Strawberries freeze dry extremely well
- Stores sell strawberries 52 weeks a year, as the supply is reliable - they ship all year round
Try our Vanilla Bean Cupcake mix w/Strawberry Frosting and save 10% using Promo Code "Strawberry"